The Green Carpet Fashion Awards held in Milan on September 24, 2017 witnessed the presence of some celebrated models, designers, actors and fashion influencers. Who came to be a part of ethical, sustainable and, environment friendly fashion practices. GCFA is a programme designed keeping in mind sustainability as the heart of fashion.
Sunday night was all about fashion that looked good and felt good. Some top names from the fashion world were seen attending the event, like Naomi Campbell, Gisele Bündchen, Alessandro Michele, Giorgio Armani, Suzy Menkes, and Anna Wintour. A-list actors like Dakota Johnson, Colin Firth and Zoe Saldana were also present. Everyone from those presenting the awards to those being awarded, were seen wearing sustainable designs from a range of labels. Awardees included both well-recognized labels like Brunello Cucinelli and up-and-coming brands like Tiziano Guardini that are foregrounding sustainable production and minimising the footprint.
The Fashion Event was designed and presented by Camera Nazionale della Moda (CNMI), in collaboration with Eco-Age (brand/marketing sustainability consultancy) whose founder and director is Livia Firth, with the support of the Ministry of Economic Development (MISE), the Italian Trade Agency (ITA) and the patronage of the Municipality of Milan.
List of Winners: Green Carpet Fashion Awards 2017
- Community & Social Justice Award: Brunello Cucinelli
- The Art of Craftsmanship Award: the seamstresses of Maison Valentino
- Best International Designer supporting Made In Italy Award: Tom Ford
- Technology and Innovation Award: Orange Fiber and Newlife
- Supply Chain Innovation Award: Gucci
- Eco Stewardship Award: Zegna
- The Franca Sozzani GCC Award for Best Emerging Designer: Tiziano Guardini
- Sustainable Producer Award: Taroni
- The Artisanal Laureate Award: Chiara Vigo
- The Social Laureate Award: Illaria Venturini Fendi
- The Vogue Eco Laureate Award: Gisele Bündchen
- The CNMI Recognition of Sustainability Award: Giorgio Armani, Miuccia Prada, Pierpaolo Piccioli, Alessandro Michele
Tags: ALESSANDRO MICHELE, ANNA WINTOUR, Colin Firth, DAKOTA JOHNSON, eco age, Ethical Fashion, Fashion ComPassion, GISELE BUNDCHEN, GREEN CARPET FASHION AWARDS, Livia Firth, Naomi Campbell, sustainability, Sustainable Fashion